I conveniently locked up my iPhone and did not have my camera to support this wonderful activity. Nevertheless, it was a great time, just asks Corbin and Hayden!
Feeding the Ducks
We started off by buying bread at the store, the ducks favorite kind, cheap. Each boy had a loaf and proudly walked it to the checkout counter where the checkout lady told them how cute they were. Once we were out of the store I was told that I could carry the bread for them. We the hopped in the car for all of 90 seconds and we were at the duck pond at which Corbin exclaimed, “Wow Pa Pa, that was really fast! (Well it was just across the street!) Oh, the joys of being a Pa Pa okay a SUPER Pa Pa. We then proceeded to feed the ducks. I have a tendency to get a little memorized by this process, plucking pieces of bread, watching all the ducks fight for the piece etc. So I look over at the boys and Hayden too is memorized by it all except he is eating all his bread. I think he at more than he fed the ducks but hey, he had a good time.
Feeding the TurtlesDucks weren’t as hungry our plentiful as in days past but we did notice several turtles poking their head up to snatch the bread that the ducks were to slow to get to.

What was that?
Then things got a little crazy. Bread started disappearing without a turtle or duck being near. The ducks were getting spooked and occasionally one would take off running across the water for no apparent reason. As we continued to watch our bread disappear we started seeing an fish mouth with big whiskers gobble up some of the bread. You guessed it, it was catfish in the pond!

1 comment:
sounds like a lot of fun super Pa-pa!
Post a Comment